According to Forbes, brokers and employers are increasingly challenged by changes and added regulations from the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Here are five tips to help you stay on top of changes and help clients successfully navigate the year ahead:
- Make Time for Education — Allow time to stay current on all aspects of the law and how new rules will impact clients.
- Plan Ahead — Gather needed accounting information and documentation before the last minute.
- Know What You Don't Know — Enlist the help of professionals in another industry, if needed.
- Make a Checklist — Use our helpful checklist to get started.
- Offer a Connected Experience — Consolidating employee data into one system will help clients avoid costly penalties. A trusted partner who understands these technologies, can provide help. Educate clients on the benefits of a more integrated platform.
Open Enrollment Dates to Remember:
- November 1, 2016: Open Enrollment begins
- December 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for coverage to start January 1, 2017.
- January 1, 2017: 2017 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 31, 2017: Last day to enroll in or change a 2017 health plan without a qualifying event.