Health care can be confusing. You might have questions like these:
- Who do I see for a certain problem?
- Where do I get the test I need?
- Should I take this medication?
Fortunately, you have your own personal health care adviser: your regular doctor, or Primary Care Physician (PCP).
Why Do You Need a Primary Care Doctor?
Think of your PCP as the top adviser on your health care team. Because he or she knows you and your health history, you will get personalized advice. Together, you can make the right decisions for you.
Your PCP can:
- Treat routine illnesses
- Perform regular check-ups and screenings
- Refer you to specialists when you need further tests or care
- Coordinate care among specialists and other medical providers