The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires everyone to have health insurance. You must report it on your 2017 federal tax return. Here are some tips on which forms you’ll need.
If You Have QualChoice Group Coverage
Through a job, retiree health plan, or COBRA
Based on what kind of coverage you had in 2017, you may get either or both:
- Form 1095-B, Health Coverage from QualChoice
- Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and CoverageIf your employer’s plan is self-funded, they will send you Form 1095-C.
If your employer has 50 or more employees and is fully insured, they will send you Form 1095-C and QualChoice will send you Form 1095-B.
Some employers don’t send a form to their employees, but you may file your taxes without it.
If You Have QualChoice Individual Health Coverage
- IQChoice: Form 1095-B, Health Coverage from QualChoice.
- Arkansas Works
- Form 1095-B, Health Coverage from DHS (Department of Health Services)
- For questions about tax filing, call DHS at 844.461.3860
- Health Insurance Marketplace
- Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. Find it in your HealthCare.gov account or by U.S. Mail from the Marketplace
- You must file a federal tax return for 2017 — even if you don't always file or your earnings level does not require you to file
Note: Members of individual Catastrophic Plans will not receive tax Form 1095-A. This form is needed only for plans that include a Premium Tax Credit (PTC). It is not required for Catastrophic Plans because they do not qualify for a PTC.
For questions about your Form 1095-B from QualChoice, contact Enrollment at 800.235.7111, ext. 7013 or QCA_enrollment@qualchoice.com.
Didn’t receive your Form 1095-B from QualChoice? Contact Finance at 800.235.7111, ext. 7023 or Finance_Ops@qualchoice.com.
Visit irs.gov to learn more about providing proof of insurance coverage.