Health Coverage and Your Taxes

March 6, 2017
Health Coverage and Your Taxes

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires everyone to have health insurance. You must report it on your 2016 federal tax return.

Learn More at

For QualChoice Group Coverage

Through a job, retiree health plan, or COBRA.

Based on what kind of coverage you had in 2016, you may get either or both:

  • Form 1095-B, Health Coverage (from QualChoice)
  • Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage

Some employers don’t send a form to their employees, but you may file your taxes without it.

For IQChoice Individual Health Coverage

Use Form 1095-B, Health Coverage, from QualChoice.

For Health Care Independence Program (Private Option) Coverage

  • Use Form 1095-B from DHS (Department of Health Services).
  • For questions about tax filing, call DHS at 844.461.3860.

For Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage

  • You must file a federal tax return for 2016 — even if you don't always file or your earnings level does not require you to file.
  • Use Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. Find it in your account or by U.S. mail from the Marketplace.

For questions about your Form 1095-B from QualChoice, contact Enrollment at 800.235.7111, ext. 7013 or

Didn’t receive your Form 1095B? Contact Finance at 800.235.7111, ext. 7023 or