The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires everyone to have health insurance. You must report it on your 2016 federal tax return.
For QualChoice Group Coverage
Through a job, retiree health plan, or COBRA.
Based on what kind of coverage you had in 2016, you may get either or both:
- Form 1095-B, Health Coverage (from QualChoice)
- Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage
Some employers don’t send a form to their employees, but you may file your taxes without it.
For IQChoice Individual Health Coverage
Use Form 1095-B, Health Coverage, from QualChoice.
For Health Care Independence Program (Private Option) Coverage
- Use Form 1095-B from DHS (Department of Health Services).
- For questions about tax filing, call DHS at 844.461.3860.
For Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage
- You must file a federal tax return for 2016 — even if you don't always file or your earnings level does not require you to file.
- Use Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. Find it in your HealthCare.gov account or by U.S. mail from the Marketplace.
For questions about your Form 1095-B from QualChoice, contact Enrollment at 800.235.7111, ext. 7013 or QCA_enrollment@qualchoice.com.
Didn’t receive your Form 1095B? Contact Finance at 800.235.7111, ext. 7023 or QCA_finance@qualchoice.com.