Reporting Health Coverage on Your 2018 Taxes

January 10, 2019
Reporting Health Coverage on Your 2018 Taxes

You must report your 2018 health insurance coverage on your federal tax return. Here are some tips on which forms you’ll need.

For QualChoice Group Coverage

Through an employer, retiree plan, or COBRA. Depending on the kind of coverage you had, you may get either or both:

  • Form 1095-B, Health Coverage (from QualChoice)
  • Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage

Some employers won’t provide a form, but you may file your taxes without it.

For IQChoice Individual Health Coverage,

  • Use Form 1095-B, Health Coverage (from QualChoice.)

For Coverage through the Arkansas Works Program

  • Use Form 1095-B from DHS (Department of Health Services).
  • For questions about tax filing, call DHS at 844.461.3860.

For Coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace (

  • Use Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. Find it in your account or by mail from the Marketplace.
  • You must file a federal tax return for 2018, even if you don’t always file, or if your earnings level doesn’t require you to file.


For questions about your Form 1095-B from QualChoice, contact Enrollment at 800.235.7111, ext. 7013 or

Didn’t receive your Form 1095-B? Contact Finance at 800.235.7111, ext. 7023 or

Visit to learn more about providing proof of insurance coverage.