Balance billing is when a medical provider who is not in the QualChoice network charges you for fees above what QualChoice pays for out-of-network services. You could end up owing a lot more than you planned to pay!
We can’t protect you from this spooky situation, since there is no cap on what an out-of-network provider may charge. Balance billing can be a financial catastrophe.
Stay away from the out-of-network graveyard!
Be sure to see doctors and use hospitals that are in your QualChoice network.
- Check your QualChoice ID card for your network name.
- At QualChoice.com, click on Find a Doctor or Hospital.
- Choose your network from the list.
- Search for a doctor or hospital.
- Call Customer Service at 800.235.7111 or 501.228.7111 for help.
Steer clear of booby traps!
Make sure all doctors and other health experts involved in your care are in your network. This means specialists (like anesthesiologists), medical equipment providers and lab or x-ray testing and others. Your QualChoice benefits will be lower for out-of-network care. And you could get a very scary bill from the provider!