We are proud to announce that we will soon launch a convenient new online pre-authorization tool. Automated pre-authorization via the MCG Cite AutoAuth module will be accessible through the My Account provider portal at QualChoice.com.
Currently in the pilot phase for elective orthopedic procedures, AutoAuth will soon be opened to a number of elective inpatient procedures. These include the following service types:
- Spine, Joint Replacements and Fractures
- Cardiovascular, Thoracic and Pulmonary
- Gastroenterology and Urology
Along with the above procedural-based services, the system will accept Home Health requests for nurse and therapy visits.
For routine services requiring pre-authorization, Internet-based AutoAuth will improve practice efficiency by:
- Reducing the number of phone calls made and the time spent on hold
- Eliminating the need to fax requests and wait for responses
- Responding with immediate approval when clinical indications are met
Stay tuned for updates, including QualChoice training materials for this exciting, provider-friendly AutoAuth system. We look forward to making pre-authorization easier and faster for you!