Mental Health Coverage
We recognize that overall health is broader than physical health and includes mental health treatment. We comply with and maintain parity between administration of mental health/substance use disorder benefits and medical/surgical benefits as outlined in applicable federal and state law or regulation and any related binding regulatory or sub-regulatory guidance. We cover the treatment and diagnosis of many mental health disorders as outlined in our medical policies. Review our medical policies for more detailed information.
- Autism Treatment - BI 184 and BI 322
- Eating Disorders - BI 040 and BI 209
- Hypnotherapy Services - BI 045
- Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder/Detoxification - BI 273 and BI 073
- Psychotherapy Coding - BI 431
Note: All inpatient, partial inpatient, and intensive outpatient services, whether for medical, surgical, mental health, or substance use disorders, requires pre-authorization. Residential services are generally not covered.