Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an emerging illness. Many details about this disease are still unknown, such as treatment options, how the virus works, the total impact of the illness, and many other factors.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze by coughing/sneezing into your elbow.
- Promptly dispose of tissues in a wastebasket after use.
- Clean public surfaces thoroughly.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Get a flu vaccine.
QualChoice is taking extra steps to care for our members during the coronavirus outbreak. In accordance with guidance from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, we are taking the following measures to enhance coverage for care related to COVID-19.
- There is no copay or cost sharing.*
- Any care that can be delivered this way is covered.
- No pre-authorization is required from March 17, 2020 through June 30, 2020.
- Any type of connection technology may be used.**
*For Health Savings Account (HSA)-Qualified plans, IRS guidance is pending as to deductible application requirements for telehealth/telemedicine related services.
**Providers should follow state and federal guidelines regarding performance of telehealth services including permitted modalities.
QualChoice is committed to the health of our members. Your QualChoice plan will cover the cost of medically necessary COVID-19 tests and the associated doctor's visit. We do not require pre-authorization for these services.
- Virtual visit (telehealth services)
- Doctor’s office
- Independent laboratory/diagnostic facility
- Urgent care facility
- Emergency department facility
UAMS Health, a QualChoice in-network facility, provides online screening.
If you have been exposed to or show symptoms of the coronavirus or flu, contact your healthcare provider or health department right away.
Learn more about COVID-19, Pregnancy and Breastfeeding.
For more information, including travel advisories, please visit cdc.gov.
- CDC General Information on COVID-19
- WHO General Information on COVID-19
- CDC Information on Travel
- CDC Videos on COVID-19
- CDC Print Resources
For information on the outbreak in Arkansas:
- Arkansas Department of Health COVID-19 information page
- UAMS Online Screening
- For screenings or questions regarding COVID-19, you can now call the UAMS Health hotline at 1-800-632-4502.
- For patients less than 18 years old, call 1-800-743-3616 to speak with an Arkansas Children’s pediatric nurse. Nursing staff will be available for questions and phone screenings 24 hours a day, seven days a week.